Merger of New College and University Faculty of Divinity

After nearly 90 years as two separate entities, the two main centres of theological learning in Edinburgh came together. In June 1933 the minute book of the University’s Faculty of Divinity noted that ‘a secure basis has been attained on which the coordinate traditions of New College and the Faculty can rest without danger or loss to either’ (AA 1 2 4). Two years later the Faculty of Divinity moved to New College and the space previously used by them in Old College was given to the Faculty of Law.